Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'd love it if you would like to record your fond memories of that metal working school, weird stories of things that happened at that metal working school, realizations you had while attending one of our classes or workshops, epiphanies you experienced while enjoying that metal working school and whatever else comes to mind that you'd like to share.
Please email your written comments to: anvilgirl@sbcglobal.net. We'll post them here on this blog to share with everyone.
This is a great way to mourn our loss and celebrate our accomplishments.
thanks,
hOlly

4/27/10

There's a friend in California..

I did not get to take a class (yet) as I was busy running my own millworks. That said, and with 35yrs of being a shop rat behind me...when I walked into Smart shop...
I was blown away. Hardly anyone can put such a facility together in decades...and to have the sculpture garden, gallery, and community all in one place is a feat of epic wonderment. I am not sure what my highest compliment I can pay to a fellow shop rat is Holly...but you have it!

The openings were great, the facility a treat. One fond memory my (then 10yr old) daughter and I will always have, was on a quiet morning...going to pick up, or drop off some art work with Nathalie Winans & co. It was Easter & we brought confetti filled colored eggs. We hid them all over the garden, and when they all were hunted down...we had an egg war & littered the place, and ourselves, with confetti. A totally happy day! 

Best regards Holly & co ;}

--
Michael Klem

No comments: